Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 1999 13:03:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      Naief Bin Talal <naief@cyfari.com>
To:        Carroll Kong <damascus@eden.rutgers.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Commercial Database Use?

Go with Sun...
I think this is the best advice for you.
If your managers are adamant about anything technical, it means one of two
things; both could spell trouble for you in the future.

1. They are clueless.
   How could they intrust their startup to a person and then interfere in
their work. Such management types are very quick to blame your choices
when anything goes wrong. If this is the case your are best advised to
choose what they want and whatever "everyone else is using" and whats
supported by a huge company which "understands our business" and so on.
This way when :-) things go wrong your answer is the standard acceptable
to them; we are on the phone with Sun/Oracle Sir/Ma'am!.

2. They don't fully trust your judgment.
   If that is the case then you better do exactly what they want. Face the
truth you are not their designer and they apparently have not hired you as
such, so don't act like you are. Just do what they want you to do or find
another employer who value your skill and judgment.

This advice I offer to you in good faith.. take it or leave it .. but if I
were you I would take it to heart and save myself a massive headache.

Please Don't be offended by my harsh way, I've never been a diplomat
before :-<.

Cheers,
Naief.

BTW: I use FreeBSD all the time, because I never accpet to work for
anyone who does not trust my jugdment!

Naief BinTalal         |  naief@cyfari.com
Chief Engine Architect |  more == less
CyFari, Inc            |  join the tribe
The Aggregation Engine |  http://www.cyfari.com/
"A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a
 single man contemplates it, bearing within him the
 image of a cathedral" -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery