Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 1999 10:09:18 -0800
From:      Nocturne <dpilgrim@uswest.net>
To:        "Joseph T. Lee" <nugundam@la.best.com>
Cc:        Jason T Hardy <jthardy@uta.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SB16 emu [Was: Re: Sound Blaster Live?]

"Joseph T. Lee" wrote:
> The word is Creative is soliciting, or has solicited programmers to
> write Linux drivers for the Live!
>
> 4d-tech (www.opensound.com) has solicited Creative for programming docs,
> but has yet to hear from Creative.  Sounds like they're in for a wait.
>
> Personally, I use the Live! in Windows, and the PCI128 (read Ensoniq
> AudioPCI) in FreeBSD.

An interesting thing about the SBLive is it's SB16 emu driver.  It
works independently from the 'doze drivers in DOS.  I've used in dos
mode for tracking and opencp without a hitch.  Even my legacy dos
games work with it.

Would it even be possible to write an emu driver along with a mod on
the sb/sbmidi/sbxvi source?

--
dpilgrim@uswest.net                                    ICQ: 29880099
gryph@mindless.com                          PGP DH/DSS key available