Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 1999 23:27:55 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
To:        Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
Cc:        Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: cvsup ports-all question

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Alex Charalabidis wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Ariel Burbaickij wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
> >
> > > I would regularly DL the tarball of all ports and untar it into the
> > > /usr/ports directory.  It should be up to date.  But the cvsup ports-all
> > > should be doing this automatically for every category.
> >  What does DL stand for?
> >  Regards
>
> DL stands for "download". You don't want to do it this way because stale
> directories and patches will not be deleted, causing any number of
> problems. If you do download the tarball, you want to wipe /usr/ports
> first, maybe keeping only the distfiles you expect to need, and only then
> unpack the new one.

> I don't quite get the question... cvsup'ing ports-all should leave you
> with all that's new in the right place and all that's old gone (and if
> it's not there, there's no port for it...). No problem and don't worry, be
> happy.
>
> -ac
 I know what they should it was not so hard to guess :)) I even
 did not get what should be here but rather the things I got
 what I can send is the listing of my /usr/ports AFTER updating
 my ports-supfile so that you can persude yourself.
 As to actual timepoint I am missing in UPDATED tree kde Tcl
 and some other new-comers.
 As to the being happy I surely am but somehow miss the ports,though
 just post the files and listings you would like to get from me.
 PS
 MY original system was 3.2-rel so it is clear to me what came
 added later and what not
 Best Regards
 Ariel Burbaickij