Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:49:21 -0000
From:      Mike Dewhirst <Dewhirst.M@UCLES.org.uk>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Apache

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1CF76.C822D0E0

> Now, a couple of questions. First, How can I make sure that
> my web site is
> not going to get the Code Red 2 virus or anything like that?

don't need to do anything - only IIS is vulnerable to Code Red

> Does FreeBSD
> come with a Virus scanner?

there a few ports
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=antivirus&stype=all and loads of
third party stuff available. Though (as far as I know) viruses are mainly a
windows thing.

> Second, Is there a way I can get
> this to come up
> on startup?

Not quite sure what you mean there....

> And lastly, Is there documentation I can read
> about Frontpage?

(IMHO) If you're thinking of delving into html - you really should _avoid_
front page. Use textpad, vi, emacs, whatever - learn to handcode first, then
use IDE's. If you start with IDE's straight away, you will find bugs much
harder to fix.

Hope this helps,

Mike

This message was written in plain text mode.
Everything below the dotted line was not
written by the author of this email.
----------------------

=**********************************************************

If you are not the intended recipient, employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this communication and its attachments is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication and its attachments in error, please return the original message and attachments to the sender using the reply facility on e-mail.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the UCLES Group does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the UCLES Group unless otherwise specifically stated.

MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses although this does not guarantee that this email is virus free.

**********************************************************=

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1CF76.C822D0E0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>RE: Apache</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Now, a couple of questions. First, How can I make su=
re that </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; my web site is</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; not going to get the Code Red 2 virus or anything l=
ike that? </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>don't need to do anything - only IIS is vulnerable to Cod=
e Red</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Does FreeBSD</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; come with a Virus scanner? </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>there a few ports <A HREF=3D"http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/p=
orts.cgi?query=3Dantivirus&stype=3Dall" TARGET=3D"_blank">http://www.freebs=
d.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=3Dantivirus&stype=3Dall</A> and loads of third pa=
rty stuff available. Though (as far as I know) viruses are mainly a windows=
 thing.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Second, Is there a way I can get </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; this to come up</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; on startup? </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Not quite sure what you mean there....</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; And lastly, Is there documentation I can read </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; about Frontpage?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>(IMHO) If you're thinking of delving into html - you real=
ly should _avoid_ front page. Use textpad, vi, emacs, whatever - learn to h=
andcode first, then use IDE's. If you start with IDE's straight away, you w=
ill find bugs much harder to fix.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hope this helps,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Mike</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>This message was written in plain text mode. </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Everything below the dotted line was not </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>written by the author of this email. </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>---------------------- </FONT>
</P>

<CODE><FONT SIZE=3D3><BR>
<BR>
=3D**********************************************************<BR>
<BR>
If you are not the intended recipient, employee or agent responsible for de=
livering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified tha=
t any dissemination or copying of this communication and its attachments is=
 strictly prohibited.<BR>
<BR>
If you have received this communication and its attachments in error, pleas=
e return the original message and attachments to the sender using the reply=
 facility on e-mail.<BR>
<BR>
Internet communications are not secure and therefore the UCLES Group does n=
ot accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.  Any views=
 or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessaril=
y represent those of the UCLES Group unless otherwise specifically stated.<=

<BR>
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by<BR>
MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses although this does not gua=
rantee that this email is virus free.<BR>
<BR>