Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 2010 20:26:47 +0000
From:      Krzysztof Dajka <alteriks@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Extra keys in multimedia keyboard doesn't work

Hi, I've recently got a new Microsoft Wireless Keyboard  v2.0. I am curios
whether multimedia keyboards work with FreeBSD out of box or should I
configure something or use some quirks to enable extra keys. This keyboard
works fine with Linux 2.6.30 all keys work otb. I tried using xev in FreeBSD
but none of additional keys returned anything after pressing it. Are
multimedia keyboard supported in FreeBSD or am I having bad luck with mine
keyboard and should I send PR.

My system:

uname -a
FreeBSD altstation 8.0-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-p2 #0: Tue Jan 5
21:11:58 UTC 2010
root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
amd64

usbconfig -u 1 -a 3 dump_device_desc
ugen1.3: <Microsoft 2.4GHz Transceiver v Microsoft> at usbus1, cfg=0 md=HOST
spd=FULL (12Mbps) pwr=ON

bLength = 0x0012
bDescriptorType = 0x0001
bcdUSB = 0x0200
bDeviceClass = 0x0000
bDeviceSubClass = 0x0000
bDeviceProtocol = 0x0000
bMaxPacketSize0 = 0x0040
idVendor = 0x045e
idProduct = 0x0745
bcdDevice = 0x0251
iManufacturer = 0x0001 <Microsoft>
iProduct = 0x0002 <Microsoft 2.4GHz Transceiver v6.0>
iSerialNumber = 0x0000 <no string>
bNumConfigurations = 0x0001

 Thanks in advance.