Date:      Thu, 02 Dec 2004 22:10:16 -0500
From:      John <j.telford@sympatico.ca>
To:        luis <lramos3@satx.rr.com>, "freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Java build

Yes, I had forgotten about the actual error. There must be a minor
problem in the Makefile and I will send a note to the maintainer.

I just tested and replicated.
This is in Makefile v 1.82 2004/11/24 15:16:38

On a system that jdk has never been built on you will get the following:
cd /usr/ports/java/jdk14
server02# make
printf: missing format character
===>  jdk-1.4.2p6_6 is*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk14.

But on a system where it has already been built you will get:

cd /usr/ports/java/jdk14/
server01# make
===>  jdk-1.4.2p6_6 is forbidden: Vulnerabilities in the browser plugin.
server01#

Solution: The only way to continue is to use the MINIMAL switch:
cd /usr/ports/java/jdk14/
server01# make MINIMAL=yes

But you won't get the browser plugins in your build.

John.