Date:      Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:17:17 -0500
From:      Pierre-Luc Drouin <pldrouin@pldrouin.net>
Cc:        acpi@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI problems with Dell laptops? (was: Jerky keyboard and mouse)

Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

>On Sunday, 20 November 2005 at 23:01:41 -0600, Doug Poland wrote:
>

>>On Sun, November 20, 2005 01:59, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

>>>Heh.  I saw the subject line and thought "I wonder if this is a Dell
>>>laptop".
>>>

>>Well, I'm "glad" I'm not the only one :)

>>Same here, it's basically unusable if you're a fast touch typist.
>>

>Indeed.  After all, you're quoting yourself :-)  I said:
>

>>>This, however, is a order of magnitude worse than what I have
>>>experienced with my Inspiron 6100.
>>>

>In particular, I didn't get any dropped characters.  And I note that
>I've misquoted the model number; it's an Inspiron 6000, not 6100 (I
>don't think the latter exists).
>

>>>What happens when you ping another system?  I found that the ping
>>>time was normal (in the order of 1 µs), but it repeated only every
>>>3 seconds.  When I unloaded ACPI, things worked normally.
>>>

>>Not loading ACPI fixed my issues too.  I'd be more than happy to
>>help any testing that may develop.
>>

>I would have been interested to hear the results of the ping.  But
>yes, it would be nice to get the machine to work nicely with ACPI.
>
>Greg
>--
>See complete headers for address and phone numbers

It looks like my problem on my M70. This is caused by recent changes to
cmbat in -stable. I have tested a patch for it from Hajimu UMEMOTO this
morning and it seams to be working fine with that patch. Look at the
thread "Performance problem since updating from 6.0-RELEASE to
6.0-STABLE last friday" in acpi mailing list