Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:07:43 +0900
To:        questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: USB MODEM

Yes, I checked for tty, cua and ucom devices.  none of which are present.
I rechecked the dmesg and here is the full kernel message when i attache th=
modem

ucom0: OMRON OMRON ME5614U2 DATA FAX MODEM, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2, iclass
2/2
ucom0: data interface 1, has CM over data, has break
ucom0: Could not find data bulk in
device_attach: ucom0 attach returned 6

Here is what shows up when I do a usbdevs -v

addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
 port 1 powered
 port 2 powered
Controller /dev/usb1:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
 port 1 addr 2: full speed, power 260 mA, config 1, OMRON ME5614U2 DATA FAX
MODEM(0x0049), OMRON(0x0590), rev 1.00
 port 2 powered
Controller /dev/usb2:
addr 1: high speed, self powered, config 1, EHCI root hub(0x0000),
Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
 port 1 powered
 port 2 powered
 port 3 powered