Date:      Sat, 06 Jan 1996 13:44
From:      BOELLTYS@gw2k.com
To:        QUESTIONS@FREEBSD.ORG.MHS@QUESTION.PD-NGM.USA.COM
Subject:   mice clarification on previous post

Form: Memo
Text: (20 lines follow)
How do you set up a serial mouse in 4.4 FreeBSD  (v 2.0.5 from Walnut
creek)?

I have been unable to find a device name for a serial mouse so figure it's
simple and one of those things that is just taken for granted.  I have RTFM,
and searched man pages and FAQ's for the answer, and am going crazy

Also, I recompiled my kernel for ps/2 mouse support, but when I startx, my
mouse acts like it is being actively jerked to the upper lh corner of my
screen.  I can move my mouse really fast to the lower rh corner, but when I
release it, it goes immediately to the top, and then jumps to the left in 1
1/2" increments until it reaches the upper lh corner again.  What am I doing
wrong?

(My XF86Config refers to mouse as /dev/mouse, and I created a symbolic link
to /dev/psm0)

Thanks

Tyson Boellstorff