Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2002 01:01:12 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        randy@psg.com
Cc:        pir@pir.net, FreeBSD-Mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Suggested PCMCIA modem

In message: <E184DiB-000I7c-00@rip.psg.com>
            Randy Bush <randy@psg.com> writes:
: > US Robotics Megahertz XJ1560.
: > Best pcmcia modem I've ever used and works well with freebsd.
:
: i have been using a Megahertz XJ-CC4288 for a looong time, and
: it gets me through from the funkiest places (accra, lome, lima,
: ...).  and, on good lines, it seems to get a high-speed a connect
: as folk's snazziest lose-modems.
:
: but you may not be able to find one outside of an antique store.

They are a dime a dozen on Ebay.  Well, maybe $5 plus another $3-10
for shipping.  I have this same modem, and it works very very well.

Warner