Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 1995 15:59:03 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        chat@freefall.cdrom.com
Cc:        paul@vix.com, kmw@al.org
Subject:   Shameless plug for which I don't make any money..

Yes, I know that I don't really have time to be playing games, but
all work and no play, as they say...

Anyway, I just finished playing "Full Throttle" from LucasArts and I
have to say that I was REALLY impressed by this game.  Very
atmospheric, good music (if you're into Van Halen clone garage bands)
and impressive animation.  It's nice to see that the adventure game
isn't dead, and as long as the writing and production is done at this
level I don't really miss the `text adventure' style interface.  It's
more like the difference between reading a good book or seeing a good
movie - they both have their respective abilities to entertain, and
this is a movie you can even interact with.

No, this has nothing to do with FreeBSD, really, I just needed to
enthuse about it to somebody.. :-)

As long as games like this exist, I suppose DOS will have its place as
a program launcher for them.  Sigh!

						Jordan