Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 17:08:51 +1100
From:      "Richard Grace" <rgrace@aapt.com.au>
To:        <chris@northernbrewer.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Problem with OpenSSL port

>>> Christopher Farley <chris@northernbrewer.com> 01/16/01 04:48pm >>>

> Just a shot in the dark, but have you tried installing the
> OpenSSL port directly, and then installing OpenSSH?

Yep.  Both ways.  Both fail to install shared libraries.

> What version of OpenSSL do you have on your system
> (issue the command "openssl version")?

FreeBSD 2.2-STABLE has no OpenSSL by default, installed version is:

  $ openssl version
  OpenSSL 0.9.5a 1 Apr 2000

> Some cryptographic algorithms may be patented (is this still an
> issue?) and you might need to do a "make USA_RESIDENT=3Dno".

I think not.  Either way, how would that stop the port from installing =
shared libraries?

*scratches head*

Richard Grace
Unix Systems Administrator