Date:      Sun, 4 Jun 2017 13:02:59 -0400
From:      "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@tysdomain.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   various questions about booting and recovery

All:

I've got a few questions.

I'd like to update my main server and my server here at home. They're
both running Freebsd 10.3 and I want to push them to 11. Really I'd like
to rebuild the kernel and world but that's a bit away.

My biggest problem is that I always end up somehow breaking things and
then need to get eyeballs (I'm totally blind) to help me
recover/reinstall. Both systems are using zfs. I've tried to figure out
the multiboot environment, but not having much luck. I can force my
systme to reboot, but I'm curious if there's an easy way to set up
multiboot environments so I can boot configurations to test. If so, are
there some clear instructions somewhere on how to do so?

Finally, can I have it boot to an environment once and if it reboots
swap back to the old one?

Thanks,

--

Take Care,
Tyler Littlefield

Tyler Littlefield Consulting: website development and business
solutions. <http://tylerlittlefield.me>; My personal site
<http://tysdomain.com>; My Linkedin
<http://linkedin.com/in/tylerlittlefield>; @Sorressean on Twitter
<http://twitter.com/sorressean>;