Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 00:53:38 -0500
From:      Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape Enterprise

On Wed, Feb 24, 1999 at 11:40:02AM -0500, ryanm wrote:
> Hello FreeBSD Guru's,
>
> Does anyone here use Netscape Enterprise server?? I am debating using it
> and am looking for what other sys admin's are saying about it. Thanks
> for
> any information anyone can get back to me.

I used a couple of different rev of the NSE's at a prior job and
hated the damn things.

You need to first install an 'administrative server', and then you
have to use a Java-enabled browser to talk to it to instantiate
(and manage) any other servers on that machine.

There were _no_ command-line mechanisms to manage the damn things.
Other than customers demanding the 'brand-name' recognition or
Netscape, I cannot see any reason to not use Apache....

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert		reichert@numachi.com
37 Crystal Ave. #303			Current daytime number: (603)-434-6842