Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 1998 16:44:32 +0200
From:      Jacques Hugo <jacques@wired.ctech.ac.za>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   printing problems

Hi there ...

I'm having problems printing to my Lexmark through
BSD, although I can through my Linux box. ;(

This is my printcap file

lp:\
:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
:mx#0:\
:sh:\
:lf=/var/spool/lpd/lp/lp.errors:\
:rm=145.228.4.150:\
:rp=:

lpc status lp says:

lp:
queuing is enabled
printing is enabled
1 entry in spool area
waiting for lp to become ready (offline ?)

The printer is online and the spool directories are
made and belongs to daemon with 770 on chmod.
Am I missing something here?

Thanks
-Jacques

The box said "Requires Windows 3.1 or better"
			... so I got BSD

Network Administrator     | Jacques Hugo
UNIX Systems              | jacques@wired.ctech.ac.za
Cape Technikon            | +27-21-4603584