Date:      Tue, 2 Nov 2004 02:54:16 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Joe Warner <rootman22@comcast.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why do you do it?

On 2004-11-01 17:18, Joe Warner <rootman22@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Monday 01 November 2004 02:28 pm, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> > [huge snip]
>
> Thanks Giorgos, it's really great to read your perspective and it
> brings me a lot closer to understanding the overall motivation/s.
>
> Would you mind if I shared this with our [1] list members?
> [1] http://www.gubug.org

Not at all.  When I post to a public list, the text is, well, "public" :-)

> Also, I was hoping to get responses from some of the other developers too but
> I hate to cross-post and I'm not sure which other list would be appropriate.
> Do you have any suggestions?  Advocacy, perhaps?

A lot of the most prolific committers are super-busy right now with the final
stages of 5.3-RELEASE.  You will probably get more replies in a while.  If you
don't let me know, and I'll see if I can inspire some people to write their
own views too.

- Giorgos