Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2011 16:04:19 +0100
From:      Harald Servat <redcrash@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   8.2-PRERELEASE?

Hello list,

  yesterday (Feb, 17th) I performed a cvsup (using csup, infact) of my
/usr/src tree using
     *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_8
  in my csup file (based on the csup
file /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile).

  According to [1], RELENG_8_2 and RELENG_8_2_0_RELEASE were created before,
however, running uname ony machine after building world reports "FreeBSD
8.2-PRERELEASE". I expect it not to show 8.2-PRERELEASE but something newer
(maybe 8.3-PRERELEASE?) Is uname reporting that I'm stick in some old bits?
If so, how can I move to the newer 8.x bits? If not, when does the version
change?

Thank you!

[1] http://wiki.freebsd.org/Releng/8.2TODO
 Fry: You can see how I lived before I met you.
 Bender: You lived before you met me?!
 Fry: Yeah, lots of people did.
 Bender: Really?!