Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 1996 10:23:30 -0600
From:      Jon Loeliger <jdl@jdl.com>
To:        peter@jhome.DIALix.COM (Peter Wemm)
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: historical note..

So, like Peter Wemm was saying to me just the other day:
> jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard) writes:
>
> >> because my soundblaster won't record under FreeBSD 2.0.5.  Yes, I'm going
> >> to decode my old tapes by bit-groping wav files!  I figure that once I've
>
> >That's..  That's...  That's TOTALLY SICK!
>
> >I like it! :-)

Me too.  Where's a good C-Load tape when you need one? :-)

> one of the shoot-em-ups so that he could blow away the evil C64 monsters :-).
> JI still have a pile of about 1200 pages of disassembled Z80 code.. :-)

And since it appears to be confessional time, for the nominal
price of a trip into the garage we can all go back in time...
...to our own Private Little Hell...

[ wavy lines ] [ do-do-do-do ] [ wavy lines ]

I've got the complete TRS-80 (mind you, I) ROM disassmbled and
*hand annotated* .  Yep, just had to figure that shit out back
in the late >gasp< 70's.  So I wrote a disassembler and slogged
through it.  Rolled tightly in really tiny print, it's a couple
centimeters diameter's worth.

That's about when I *first* decided I could do a better job than
Microblob...  and make my own programming language, written in Z80
assembly of course!

And I've still got the good _Creative_Computings_ too!

[ slap ]

Ow!  Uh, oh.

> Sigh, those were the days... :-)

Agreed....