Date:      Sun, 01 Dec 2002 10:40:58 -0600 (CST)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@cox.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dump/restore after filesystem layout changes

First of all, I just gotta say: ATAPICAM rocks!!!  I can now use my ATAPI
CD burner with dump/restore!  Awesome!!!

Ok, now on to my question: I'd like to do a full backup on each of my
filesystems, zap all the partitions and do a new fdisk/disklabel with more
filesystems than I'm currently using.  For example, create a new /home
partition instead of using a symlink in / to /usr/home.

I'm just wondering if this will present any problems when restoring from
backups.  I can't seem to glean this information from the man pages.

Thanks!

--
Conrad Sabatier <conrads@cox.net>