Date:      Thu, 1 Sep 2016 21:34:38 -0500
From:      "Eric A. Borisch" <eborisch@gmail.com>
To:        Nenhum_de_Nos <matheus@eternamente.info>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ue1 and ue2 swinging

Matheus,

I had a very similar problem, which led me to throw this together:

https://github.com/eborisch/ethname

I think the comments in it are fairly complete, let me know if anything
doesn't make sense.

Perhaps there is an easier way, but most discussions I found ended in "you
could rename them on boot" - which is what this rc.d script does. I use it
on my home router to great effect. (I rename the adapters to cable and priv
just to make firewall rules etc. even clearer.)

 - Eric