Date:      Fri, 5 Mar 2010 23:12:10 +0700
From:      Pongthep Kulkrisada <ptkrisada@gmail.com>
To:        daniele <glimp@live.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>, Sabine Baer <baerks@t-online.de>, Robert Bonomi <bonomi@mail.r-bonomi.com>
Subject:   Re: Flash viewer for FBSD

* daniele (glimp@live.com) wrote:
> HI !
>
> I tested the process of installing firefox/opera and flash plugin.
> Everything run on my system FreeBSD 8, even though I did not stress
> browser & plugin.
>
> Here's all the step that I took to make the flash plugin work for
> firefox and opera (basically I followed the handbook).
>
> --- Installed /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base-f10
> --- kldload linux
> --- mount linprocfs
> --- installed /usr/ports/www/linux-f10-flashplugin10/
> (--- installed /usr/ports/www/nspluginwrapper)
> (--- ln -s /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-f10-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so
> /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/ )
> (--- as normal user I executed nspluginwrapper ... etc)
> --- installed ___NATIVE FREEBSD version___ of Opera [/usr/ports/www/opera]
> --- installed /usr/ports/www/opera-linuxplugins/.
Still does NOT work!

I also tried deinstalling all stuffs, which were installed in the previous sessions.
And then I tried installing them again as followings (excerpted from handbook).

emulator/linux_base-f10
www/linux-f10-flashplugin10
www/nspluginwrapper
# ln -s /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-f10-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/
% nspluginwrapper -v -a -i (normal user)
# mount -t linprocfs linproc /usr/compat/linux/proc
www/opera (native FBSD)
www/opera-linuxplugins

Again, it still does NOT work!
(Note that only missing from the previous session is ``kldload linux'',
which was loaded at boot time.)

Or the problem is that I cvsup(ed) from 7.1 to 7.2 and then csup(ed) to 8.0.
Some libraries are probably not updated???
But ``make install'' success, so libraries should not be problems.
I don't know.

FBSD should make it simpler than this.
Some Linux distros, flash plug-ins are installed in default configuration.
But I shall not go back to Linux, anyway. :-)

Actually, I only want to study Unix console, C language and some administrations.
In GUI world, I only want to point and click.

Thanks,
Pongthep