Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2000 14:05:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      Michael Steinfeld <mike@freebsdbox.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   What's up with Sendmail and Qpopper? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 13:45:48 -0500 (EST)
From: Michael Steinfeld <mike@www.freebsdbox.com>
To: stable@freebds.org
Subject: What's up with Sendmail and Qpopper?

I see that sendmail was upgraded in 4.1.1.
I read /usr/src/updating on the sendmail notes .. bUt I am recieving
errors that I don't know hot to fix still ..
The errors are as follows:

Nov 10 13:37:26 www qpopper[13941]: gdbm_open failed: No such file or
directory (2)
Nov 10 13:37:26 www qpopper[13941]: westend at joan.freebsdbox.com
(216.199.94.5): -ERR [SYS/TEMP] Unable to open Bulletin database; contact
your administrator
Nov 10 13:37:39 www qpopper[13942]: gdbm_open failed: No such file or
directory (2)
Nov 10 13:37:39 www qpopper[13942]: westend at joan.freebsdbox.com
(216.199.94.5): -ERR [SYS/TEMP] Unable to open Bulletin database; contact
your administrator

----------

Everything seems to work fine when it comes to sending/recieving mail from
the mail server itself .. but when it comes to setting up mail clients to
use the server. It fails.B

I am using Sendmail for SMTP and Qpopper for my pop server ... as I
usually do ..

If anyone has any ideas what is going on, please inform ASAP .. I am
already behind in regard to setting up our mail server.

please, CC: me mail being that I am not subscribed to the mailing list.

thanks,
-Mike
mike@freebsdbox.com || mike@openbsdbox.com