Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 1999 11:37:02 +0100
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        MAILLIET Guillaume <guillaume.mailliet@cegetel.fr>
Cc:        database@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Small Problems with Oracle for Linux for FreeBSD

MAILLIET Guillaume wrote:

> I have not all the info at hand, but you should add a '-lstdc++' in the
> LDFLAGS of the corresponding makefile (env_xxx.mk). There is a couple of
> such makefile to modif this way (may be 5 or 6). It's OK FreebSD 3.3. You
> should add RPM tcl8.0 at some point too in 1 makefile.

But this would indicate that the Makefiles are broken and consequently
that Oracle is broken. This obviously is not the case. The cause of the
problem is merely worked around in this way I think. Solving the real
problem is more constructive.

Anyway, my 2c...

--
Marcel Moolenaar                        mailto:marcel@scc.nl