Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2002 11:38:39 +0900
From:      Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@axe-inc.co.jp>
To:        Jeff Roberson <jroberson@chesapeake.net>
Cc:        Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@axe-inc.co.jp>
Subject:   Re: Dynamic growth of the buffer and buffer page reclaim

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:51:44 -0400 (EDT),
  Jeff Roberson <jroberson@chesapeake.net> said:

jroberson> I do, however, like the page unwiring idea.  As long as it's not too
jroberson> expensive.  I have been somewhat disappointed that the buffer cache's
jroberson> buffers are hands off for the vm.  I'm confused about your approach
jroberson> though.  I think that the rewire function is unnecessary.  You could move
jroberson> this code into allocbuf() which would limit the number of times that you
jroberson> have to make a pass over this list and keep the maintenance of it in a
jroberson> more central place.  This would also remove the need for truncating the
jroberson> buf.

I just wanted to make sure that buffers not in the clean queue look
as they used to do without the patch.  At least, if a buffer does not
become busy or held, then it need not be rewired down.

--
Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@axe-inc.co.jp>