Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 1996 12:17:59 -0400
From:      MansurKhan@aol.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CD-ROM

Hi,

I have a Gateway 2000 DX2-50 system with an Acculogic EIDE card (sIDE-2/VL).
 The card supports four IDE devices on a primary and secondary port.
 Currently it is setup with an IRQ of 14 and adress of 1F0 for the primary
and an IRQ of 15 and an address of 170 for the secondary.  I have two hard
drives on the primary port and a Sony CSD 760E CD-ROM on the secondary port.
 After a minimal install on the hard drive, during boot up the first time it
found the wdc0 and wdc1 ports with the correct IRQs and addresses.  But it
was looking for the scd0 @ 0x230 which it did not find.  So I used the
Userconfig utility to change the scd0 address to 170.  It still did not find
scd0 there and it could not find wdc1 anymore.  After I set scd0 back to 230
(and rebooted ofcourse) it still cannot find either wdc1 or scd0.  It does
find both hard drives OK though.

How do I get it to recognize the CD-ROM?

Thanking you in advance for your prompt help.

Mansur Khan.