Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 11:26:50 +0900
From:      NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa <y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp>
To:        Motoyuki Konno <motoyuki@snipe.rim.or.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: is 3c589D and multicast working on 3.1-RELEASE?

> I have a notebook commonly called "Chandra II" (*1), which has TI
> CardBus bridge.

Konno-san and Umemoto-san, Chandra-II has RICOH RL5C476 + RL5C475,
Chandra-I has TI PCI1130 + RICOH RF5C296.

Original code has serious problem with TI chips. Both version
Chandra have Multi-PCIC problem, but TI chip problem is Chandra-I
and other TI chip using machine only.

> I tried "plain" 3.1-stable, but I could not use PC-cards with plain
> 3.1-stable.  Next, I tried 3.1-RELEASE with PAO3, then I can use
> PC-cards very well.

It is *TRUE*. So, WE NEED PAO.

Chandra-I, original code is recognized 1-slot only which
controlled by RICOH RF5C296, and not recognized 2-slots which
controlled by TI PCI1130.

# Chandra seriese has 3 PC-Card slots.

And, original code probe 0x3e0 and 0x3e2 only and hard coding. It
is very bad. For example, Chandra-I using 0x3e2 and 0x3e4 for
default.

--
NAKAGAWA, Yoshihisa
	y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp