Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:56:46 -0600
From:      cosmin <cosmin@nacom.phy.uic.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS problem (non-sleepable locks held)

I'm getting the following message when transfering data to a freebsd-current server via an nfs mount from another fbsd client.

malloc() of "64" with the following non-sleepable locks held:
exclusive sleep mutex inp r = 0 (0xc1d250ac) locked @ /usr/src/sys/netinet/udp_usrreq.c:378

The message shows up 12 times and then it doesn't show up anymore, even if I stop the transfer and start it again.  This server uses the nge driver for its network card.  It's running the sources from yesterday, Nov 10 2003.

I've been having problems with one of our machines freezing up during long nfs transfers, and now i'm trying to reproduce the freeze on this test machine.   So far no luck, and the only oddity i've been getting is the above message.

Could the above message be causing the freezes ?

Cosmin Stroe.