Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 1995 22:26:43 EST
From:      "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@x.org>
To:        hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   fdisk in 2.1.0-<mumble>-SNAP is broken

Got the 2.1.0-<mumble>-SNAP running earlier this evening. Only used it
for a couple of hours -- long enough to rebuild the kernel with the
busmouse turned on and ftp over the man pages that I forget to get in
the install.

But... Using fdisk I'm unable to set my OS/2 HPFS partition as bootable.
I've got to boot on a floppy, set the boot partition, and then reboot to
get back to OS/2. This was not true of the 1.1.5.1 fdisk.

Someone will no doubt suggest using Booteasy or BootManager, which would
no doubt work, but not the point, fdisk should work.

I might try to fix it. I bet having the source to the 1.1.5.1 fdisk might
make it easier, or it might not.

Separate Subject: someone said a newer 2.1.0 snap was imminent. I'll switch
to that when it's available.

--

Kaleb KEITHLEY