Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:36:10 +0100
From:      Alexander Maret <maret@axis.de>
To:        'Sean O'Connell' <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "'freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: card0 Device not configured

Hello Sean,

> So it sees the chipset, but it doesn't look like the support is in
> the kernel.  Here are the relevant bits from a successful probe:
>

> I have the following entries in my kernel (when using built-in
> pcic support:
>
> controller	card0
> device		pcic0	at card?
> device		pcic1	at card?
>
> For the kld pcic, all you need is
>
> controller	card0

I tried those both possibilities, but it makes no difference. I always
get the same dmesg output.

> That having been said, do you still have windoze on this?  What IRQ
> does it think it should be running on?

I've installed Windows now and the card works fine. But even Windows
doesn't show any IRQs it just shows I/O-Memory space:

Cirrus Logic PCIC compatible PCMCIA-Bridge:
 I/O-space: FCFC - FCFF
 no IRQs listed

PCMCIA-Card Service:
 memory adress: 02800000 - 02800FFF
 no IRQs listed

PCMCIA-Ethernet Adapter:
I/O-space: 0320-033F
IRQ: 10

> Is anything running on IRQ 3?

Yes, my COM2 is running un IRQ 3

> What kind of laptop is this? Is there one like it at the FreeBSD lap-
> top compatibility site

It's a Yakumo Mediapack P133

> (http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/~dkulp/fbsd/laptop.html)
> If you do have the card0 controller installed, what are the available
> IRQ's on your system?

in my pccard.conf i enabled the following things:

io 0x240-0x360
irq 3 10 11 13 15
memory 0xd4000 96K

Bye,