Date:      04 Dec 2002 00:13:28 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        cjcarri@earthlink.net
Cc:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Galeon compile errors, FreeBSD 4.7-release

--=-qsClJrTSRkX/PbFEbkBa

On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 23:35, John Carri wrote:
> From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
> Date: 03 Dec 2002 11:58:16 -0500
> =20
> >Do a make distclean in the devel/gnomevfs directory, then try to
> >rebuild.
> ----------------------
> Thank you for the suggestion, I tried this, unfortunately it didn't fix t=
he=20
> problem:=20
>=20
> su
> passwd
> cd /usr/ports/devel/gnomevfs
> make distclean
> cd ../../www/galeon
> make
> >>gnome-vfs-1.0.5.tar.bz2 does not seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/=
gnome
> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net.....
> receiving gnome-vfs-1.0.5.tar.bz2 (781057 bytes): 100%
> Checksum mismatch for gnome/gnome-vfs-1.0.5.tar.bz2
> Make sure Makefile and distinfo file are up to date
> ***Error Code 1
> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gnomevfs
> ***Error Code 1
> Stop in /usr/ports/www/galeon
>=20
> Now what?  With my limited current knowledge of FreeBSD, this is stopping=
 me=20
> cold in my tracks. I've read the "ports" section of the FreeBSD handbook =
but=20
> still don't know what to do...

You have an old /usr/ports/Mk directory.  What I recommend you do is
cvsup your entire ports tree.  Make sure you either have ports-all
uncommented in your supfile, or that you're cvsup'ing ports-base.  I
verified that the mirrors listed in the new bsd.sites.mk have the
correct distfile for gnomevfs.

Joe

>=20
> Thanks in advance for any assistance,