Date:      Mon, 30 Jun 1997 00:53:00 -0500 (CDT)
From:      obanta@cse.unl.edu (Oliver Banta)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CVS deleted /usr/ports Makefiles

Hello,
   I just recently installed FreeBSD 2.2.2 and wanted to stay -stable
by getting the source daily and making world.  I managed to get
cvsup to get all the /usr/src correctly, but it also deleted all
my makefiles in /usr/ports.  I specified "src-all" and "ports-all"
with the tag RELENG_2_2 in my cvs-supfile.

copy of cvs-supfile:

*default tag=RELENG_2_2
*default host=cvsup.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
src-all
ports-all

   Any help would be greatly appreciated. (I got all my info from the
FreeBSD Handbook, does this have an obvious error in it?)

   Oliver