Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 2010 02:23:48 -0700
From:      Rob Farmer <rfarmer@predatorlabs.net>
To:        Alex Dupre <ale@freebsd.org>
Cc:        patrick <gibblertron@gmail.com>, Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>, Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: why is the PHP stuff line "off" by default in ports/lang/php5?

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 00:45, Alex Dupre <ale@freebsd.org> wrote:
> This "issue" has been discussed too many times. The answer is simply
> "no", but you can search the archives for the actual reason. You have to
> comile the module for your specific apache installation.
>
> --
> Alex Dupre

If you can't be bothered to give the "actual reason," then why even reply?

I have searched the archives. Unfortunately, there are so many
messages revolving around how to set up php, secure it, etc. that it
becomes difficult to find anything relevant. The only thing I came
across was a thread from 2007 about how this is "more like a personal
preference than engineering as such"[1] and "its just one of those
things that you learn to live with after a while."[2]

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-June/151399.html
[2] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-June/151384.html

--
Rob Farmer