Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:21:00 +0200
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
Cc:        Paul Richards <paul@freebsd-services.com>, John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>, Mike Barcroft <mike@FreeBSD.org>, arch@FreeBSD.org, Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
Subject:   Re: libh src/ import

-On [20010910 11:30], Neil Blakey-Milner (nbm@mithrandr.moria.org) wrote:
>Specifically, it's not one big lump, and it's modular and designed to
>make it easy for people to make modules for other admin tools.  The UI
>is reasonablly well-abstracted, with rendering to TV and qt available
>(at build-time at the moment, I think).  It has C, C++, and tcl
>interfaces currently.  There is no major dependency on QT; it can build
>without it.

So libh without Qt and/or Turbovision will not accomplish anything in
the FreeBSD's src tree.

Thus far everything in the sourcetree is a library or application on
which other applications base their workings or to offer the users tools
they need to get their work done.

And importing either TCL and/or Turbovision seems rather silly in my
opinion.

I think people are forgetting that not everything needs to be squeezed
in src/* to be part of the Project's development effort.
You don't see doc under src do you?
What's stopping a new gui or whatever you want to call it to be placed
under /usr/installer [to name but an example]?

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven/Asmodai asmodai@[wxs.nl|freebsd.org|xmach.org]
Documentation nutter/C-rated Coder, finger asmodai@ninth-circle.dnsalias.net