Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 1999 13:28:26 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        matt@zigg.com (Matt Behrens)
Cc:        gnb@itga.com.au, dillon@apollo.backplane.com, mike@smith.net.au, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WD/ide_pci bug! [was Re: SOFTUPDATES hangs keyboard ]

Matt Behrens wrote...
> Never mind.  Apparently it went south on me while I was having
> lunch.
>
> I got this curious error when I paniced the debugger (paraphrased):
>
> HELP! busy_count is less then 0 (-1)
>
> Is this something of a clue?  I've never been able to sync the
> drives at all by panicing, it can't communicate with the IDE
> controller for some reason.  Lots of status 0x58's.

- That's not a fatal error.
- You didn't write down the whole message.  (the whole message would have
  told you what function generated the error message, and which
  drive caused the problem)
- I think there still may be a bug in the devstat implementation in the wd
  driver that causes the busy count to go negative sometimes.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com