Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2001 20:37:18 -0400
From:      Derrick Norris <denorris@bellsouth.net>
To:        "Steve Brown <GTABUG>" <gtabug@prayforwind.com>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Hunting for compatible IDE-CDRW, please help.

I use a TDK VeloCD 12x10x32 CD-RW drive and it works fine with FreeBSD and
burncd.  Built this machine from the ground up about 8 months ago,
specifically to put FreeBSD on it.  Sorry, not sure of the exact model number
because the box is not handy now.

Since then, I have installed other hard drives and multi-boot Win98, Win2000,
and FreeBSD (with FreeBSD being default, of course).  The drive works great
with all those operating systems.  I have used it to burn FreeBSD and RedHat
installation CDs, and for CD-RW based backup.

Drive was on sale at CompUSA at the time.  I'm sure if you got one now it
would be faster than 12x10x32, and would hopefully work with FreeBSD.

Derrick