Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 2008 08:21:11 -1000
From:      Al Plant <noc@hdk5.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   burncd error?

Aloha,

Recently when I try to use burncd I get this error when trying to burn
any 8 CURRENT discs . I even got a new Burner and put it on a different
machine but still get this error.

Install fails from these burned discs.

Error message.

acd0: FAILURE - READ_BIG MEDIUM ERROR asc=0x11
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider acd0 is iso 9660/FreeBSD_Install

This did not happen with Current or RELEASE 7.0 FreeBSD

/dev/acd0c used to work. Now you have to use /dev/acd0  (no c) to get
burncd  to work.

Can somebody enlighten me please.

   + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
   + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* - 8.* +