Date:      Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:00:43 -0400
From:      Parv <parv@pair.com>
To:        edward <kouye@wanadoo.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which is the best PDF utility ?

in message <426E76BD.2000705@wanadoo.fr>, wrote edward thusly...

> Just wanted to know which is, according to you, the best utility
> to read PDF files. I notice the Acrobat7 port is mentioned as
> "broken" in the notes. Which program (not necessarily Adobe) would
> be the best alternative for everyday PDF reading ?

I personally like acroread[0] and gv (not at all ggv BTW), in that
order.  I have not tried xpdf in quite a while (ever since i found
gv and/or acroread to be much better when the last time i tried
xpdf).

[0] Acroread 5.10 currently; am not going to install version 7
    anytime soon due to onerous dependencies.

  - Parv