Date:      01 Oct 2002 19:31:18 -0700
From:      swear@attbi.com (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        "Doug Poland" <doug@polands.org>
Cc:        <liquid@liquidonline.ca>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Bare minimum requirements for FreeBSD installation

"Doug Poland" <doug@polands.org> writes:

> sshd, ipfw, and natd on a RoadRunner cable modem.  My only problem
> is the disk is so small I can't do an installworld to keep up with
> -STABLE.

Consider running picoBSD off a floppy with or without a hard disk
(eg, for log files).  It was quite easy/fast to get going and you can
easily keep it as current as the system you build it on (which is
not the systemn you would run it on).

I suspect that picoBSD would run on an 8 MB computer, but I don't know.

I hope the original poster has considered just finding an old computer
with 16 MB; I've bought them for 5 $US from local government surplus.