Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 20:46:38 -0500
From:      Corey Wheeler <corey@euriscom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Updating the /var/log/wtmp file...

I frequently log into my FBSD 4.0 machine via SSH2 and whenever the
connection is broken, the wtmp file still shows that I'm logged on to
the terminal even though the who and users commands show that I'm not
still logged on.  Is there any way, short of rebooting, I can force this
file to rescan or update the wtmp file with the correct login
information?  Or is there any way of "killing" or refreshing a terminal
session when it thinks the user is still logged on and having it update
the wtmp file so that it no longer shows "still logged in"?

Thanks
Corey Wheeler