Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 1995 17:54:15 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Joe Diehl <joed@engg.ksu.edu>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The tree will be tagged for 2.1.0-RELEASE on 9 Nov 1995, 23:00 PST

> As Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> >
> > Barring any last minute delays, the scheduled time for tagging the
> > tree for 2.1.0-RELEASE will be the 9th of November, one hour (give or
> > take a few) before midnight Pacific Standard Time.
> >

> I was under the impression that this means the software will be
> released at the above listed time.  Did I misunderstand that? Or
> was it postponed?

It was postponed..  Things are going a bit more slowly than
anticipated (don't ask - Murphey and his 47 children came to stay 3
days ago and I haven't gotten them to leave yet!) but we're sort of on
track..  Actually, I'm not going to tag the tree until the one-off CDs
arrive in the tester's hands and they've had a day or so to test them.
Once I'm sure I don't need to make any more changes for CD
installation, THEN I'll tag the tree and we can open the various
floodgate doors.

I hope no more than 4-5 more days.

						Jordan