Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2006 00:11:52 +0300
From:      dima <_pppp@mail.ru>
To:        Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re[2]: New version of iwi(4) - Call for testers [regression!]

> the new version at:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~mlaier/new_iwi/20060315.both.tgz
>
> should build for RELENG_6 and HEAD.  Make sure to have the latest RELENG_6
> checkout with the taskqueue changes.
>
> This version supports version 3.0 and version 2.4 firmware.  From iwi_fw you
> can build and install either version.  For 3.0 just #make all install, for
> 2.4: #make IWI_FW_VERSION=240 all install  This shouldn't make a difference,
> though.
>
> "cmd 0x19" is WME config, by the way.  It seems the firmware doesn't like the
> sequence we setup the card.
>
> Please keep testing and post your feedback - thanks.

I had a chance to test the driver more throughly today. It can't connect to some access points. Sometimes reboot helps, sometimes not. I didn't experience this with the driver currently present in the tree; well, I used /usr/ports/net/iwi-firmware (not the kmod version). This can be the case. When I run the 2 following commands in the script it sometimes fails to load the firmware properly:
# ifconfig iwi0 inet 192.168.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
# iwiconfig -i iwi0 -d /boot/firmware -m bss
It seems that if_iwi module needs some time to initialize the card properly (I have a 2915 one); and it's really ready to boot a firmware in several milliseconds.