Date:      Tue, 21 Jul 2015 05:48:59 -0400
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        FreeBSD FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [ OT ]  recommendations for a domain_name registrar

On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 22:04:25 -0700, Doug Hardie stated:

> I have used GoDaddy successfully for a few domains.  Their system tends to
> change the user interface periodically, but I can usually figure it out.
> Prices tend to vary considerably depending on the top level domain name.

I have used GoDaddy myself, with excellent results. I never had any problem
with "Auto Renewal" either. The one time I had a technical problem, I was
able to reach tech via phone immediately and received excellent service. I
was impressed. The technician spoke real English. This is not a racist
remark. I just cannot usually understand what these service technicians from
India are saying clearly. Matthew recommended a French company. That is fine
as long as they either offer support in English, or you speak French. Little
things like this mean a lot. I had a friend who got involved with a German
comp[any, a totally different issue than this one. He doesn't speak German
and had one hell of a time getting anyone there who spoke English.

Just my 2ยข.

--
Jerry