Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:10:52 -0700
From:      Bill Campbell <freebsd@celestial.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: imap "DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE" question

On Sun, Oct 15, 2006, David Banning wrote:
>I am using imap-uw and so I am familiar with the
>"DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE" email which stays on the server.
>
>In my case, I read my mail -on- the server so I see this email all the
>time. Since I use imap as well, deleting it only causes it to come back,
>I observe.
>
>I find this annoying, so my question is whether -all- imap servers
>in the ports have this message that appears. If not, maybe I'll
>install another. Otherwise I will learn to live with it.

No all IMAP servers don't have this message.

We've been using courier-imap for about six years, and it uses
Maildir stores (one file per message) and doesn't need that.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill@Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``Anyone who thinks Microsoft never does anything truly innovative isn't
paying attention to the part of the company that pushes the state of
its art: Microsoft's legal department.''
   --Ed Foster, InfoWorld Gripe Line columnist