Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 2008 22:20:02 GMT
From:      Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/122008: Fdisk fails. Cannot install 7.0 Release on P5VD2-MX with Maxtor PATA

The following reply was made to PR i386/122008; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, christophe.cap@gmail.com
Subject: Re: i386/122008: Fdisk fails. Cannot install 7.0 Release on P5VD2-MX
 with Maxtor PATA
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 22:15:20 +0000

 I've seen something similar on my system with 7.0 where I was using a
 UDMA33 cable but FreeBSD was setting the controller up to use UDMA100.
 Even if you are using 40 pin cables it might be worth trying to run in
 UDMA33 mode to see if that helps - you can set the mode using atacontrol.

 To track down the problem we're going to need more information about the
 hardware - could you post the dmesg from a verbose boot (boot -v) please?

 --
 Bruce