Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 05:50:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/31352: Netsaint check_by_ssh: fcntl(0, F_SETFL, O_NONBLOCK): Inappropriate ioctl for device

The following reply was made to PR ports/31352; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Cc: dl@leo.org
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:44:52 +0200

 Hi again,

 I can come up with some more info:

 - if netsaint reports the problem described, I can definitely
   do the check by hand, so even if I can submit something like

   /usr/local/libexec/netsaint/check_by_ssh -H some.host /usr/local/libexec/netsaint/check_disk 90 95 /

   it always works, by netsaint reports this problem.

 - A restart sometimes helps to solve the problem, but not for long

 - since fd 0 is stdin, I have the impression the I/O redirection
   between netsaint and it commands must try to set the pipe to
   O_NONBLOCK, but I couldn't find a piece of code, that does it.
   But I feel it, the problem must be somewhere within that, and
   maybe how ssh handles redirected i/o ?

 Best regards,
  Daniel
 --
 IRCnet: Mr-Spock   - signs of absurd developments in the net community:
 #42:   - "Wurstbrot gehoert m.E. zum Fruehstuecks-botnet von Cartoon" -
 *Daniel Lang * dl@leo.org * +49 89 289 25735 * http://www.leo.org/~dl/*