Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 16:13:53 +0200
From:      Johann Visagie <wjv@cityip.co.za>
To:        chem@i-p-d.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: remote login via SSH

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998 at 06:48 SAT, chem@i-p-d.com wrote:

> I have to login to our server remotely most of the time. Someone
> suggested I use ssh for that. I have looked at the ports and the
> description of ssh, but is there more information somewhere? Do I
> use telnet, should I install stuff on my remote computer. etc. A step-
> by-step guide would be nice :)

SSH is definitely a must for your intended purpose.  I won't repeat what the
others said in their answers to your question, but I do have one question for
you:  What OS are you running on the remote machine _from_ which you intend
to SSH to your (presumably) FreeBSD box?

The (current) Unix ssh client is free.  The Windows client is commercial.
However, there are free alternatives to the Windows client.

-- V

Johann Visagie | Email: wjv@CityIP.co.za | Tel: +27 21 419-7878