Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 13:19:18 -0600
From:      "Mike Meyer" <mwm-dated-1013973558.9df7ca@mired.org>
To:        "Marc Dodsworth" <marcd@internode.on.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xwindows and Xwindows client for Windows

Marc Dodsworth <marcd@internode.on.net> types:
> Just wondering of some-one can help me - I'm looking for some documentation
> on setting Xree86 4.01 up to
> to allow connection from a Windows based X-Windows client.

X doesn't care what kind of OS the client is running on. You need to
do the same things you'd do to allow access from a Unix box, or a VMS
box, or an AmigaDOS box, or ...

1) Make sure that your X Server is listening on the tcp socket.

2) Do something to allow connections from that host. xhost will do it,
   but isn't the most secure way. You might try reading that man page,
   and some of the ones it refers to, to get a handle on all of this.

	<mike