Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2000 13:02:21 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linksys PCMPC100 problem

In message <3A0C38FF.CE45632E@isi.edu> Lars Eggert writes:
: We're getting very bad TCP throughput from a Linksys PCMPC100 card. I'm
: wondering if anybody can confirm this or has seen a similar problem with
: the Linksys card. It looks like the Linksys card is unable to perform at
: 100Mbit/s full-duplex speeds, packets arrive too quickly to be drained
: ("ed0: warning - receiver ring buffer overrun").

This is a possible irq problem.  I see that you are using irq 7, which
the printer port normally uses.  If you haven't disabled this device
in your BIOS or if the device persists in driving IRQ 7 even when
disabled, you must pick another one.

To find out for sure, what does vmstat tell you?

The other possibility is that the card is one of the newer ones like
the fa-410 that needs faselect run.

Warner