Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2011 20:30:08 -0600
From:      Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
To:        Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Another Phoronix article

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 5:35 PM, Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org> wrote:

> In summary: very varied results, some are expected (low parallel write
> small IOPS for FreeBSD), some are not (apparently the BSDs have a monopoly
> on high-performance gzip :) ).

I think might have read the graph backwards or I'm misinterpreting your
statement.  The BSD's have a monopoly on low performance gzip meaning they
aren't as fast as the Linux counterparts.  That's not much a fs benchmark
though as it's mostly a cpu bound operation and the various improvements to
gcc and other bits allows Linux to clearly beat out the BSD's.

--
Adam Vande More