Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 18:27:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      patl@phoenix.volant.org
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: High level list of major changes between 2.x and 3.0

> > Is there a publicly available list anywhere of the major changes
> > between 2.x and 3.0 ?  Current messages make it hard to miss ELF,
>
> Always in the release notes for a 3.0-SNAP (when those are being
> successfully made, of course, that not being since the ELF transition
> but hopefully again soon) or, if you have -current sources,
> /usr/src/release/sysinstall/help/relnotes.hlp

Right.  But that's an after-the-fact list that applies to that
particular snapshot.  I was hoping for a list of what is expected
to be in 3.0-RELEASE.  Something that would give those of us who
are not closely tracking -current a better idea what to expect.
And to allow anyone with a pet update that isn't on the list a
chance to speak up.  (Although, I suspect it is too late to add
anything that isn't already planed for 3.0.)

-Pat